Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Caramel custard and a beautiful morning !


If you are one who regularly hops into my page or knows me in person, then you should know that I am a bona fide lazy person. You would also know that I am not an early riser. Although  I am a firm believer of the saying "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise". Mind it I said believer not practitioner ....... I have seen my grandparents and parents strictly following the regime of waking up early . But for me its a different ball game all together. I am more of a nocturnal species who goes to bed late and of course refuses to buzz before the maid comes and rings the bell at 8 am. For my older generation dawn is considered as early morning but for me 8 am is also early enough !

And I must also confess that I am no where close to perfect .... for me perfection is boring. When you are imperfect there is always room for improvement. That's my philosophy ...... nothing great !!
I don't have the perfect hair or skin, neither do I flaunt manicured nails. I only take an appointment from the beautician if and only if it's necessary. I have a messy wardrobe ....... I love to rediscover my own clothes which go hiding under the piles. Before you start judging me I must tell you that I arrange my stuff once in a while ...... may be once every month. The list of my imperfections are many and I am sure you don't want to go through them.

So sometime this week J had an early morning train to catch and I being the "good wife" thought of packing some food for him. Although I was not quite excited about the idea of waking up early but I don't regret it either. Contrary to my belief I enjoyed waking up early ........ I realized that there are simple joys of life that I had almost forgotten in my wayward life style.
The orange hue in the sky and the Sun rising
The cool morning breeze 
Birds Chirping and the Rooster crowing on the fence
Some sleepy street dogs on the pavement basking in the morning sunlight
Dew drops shining like jewels on the green grass
A spider busy weaving his web
Morning walkers in the public park exchanging glances and greeting each other
The busy newspaper hawker and the milkman
The smell of fresh brewed tea from the road side tea stall amalgamating with the morning mist
And definitely some sleepy heads waiting for their school bus
Oh how much I rejoiced that morning !!

The train started moving out of the platform and J stood at the door of the bogie as we exchanged glances and waved at each other. It was a new day and I was already in love with it.












29 comments:

Srividhya Ravikumar said...

yummylicious custard...colourful..

Lifewithspices said...

yummylicious..

Indrani said...

It's also one of my fav. dessert..yours look pretty delicious, pics r mouth-watering, Satrupa..new to your place .. come over to my space when find time

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

I simply love this beautiful dessert... Nice presentation and lovely clicks.

chef and her kitchen said...

Droolworthy dessert,looks delicious n sinful

Tina said...

so perfect and delicious..

runnergirlinthekitchen.blogspot.com said...

I am a complete morning person ;P and love to watch the sun rise and sip my hot cup of tea ( now I have converted this habit into running ) Nice post and yes the custard looks mouthwatering :)

Indian Khana said...

Looks so yum ...drooling over the pics gal

Anu said...

Nice clicks..Custard looks yum..

Lisa Ho said...

Gorgeous dessert n beautiful photos too :D

My Kitchen Antics said...

its one of my fav desserts...the 1st pic looks gorgeous

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

lovely dessert and awesome clicks and even better narration of the morning!

Az said...

early morning has been very pleasant for me as well.. love the custard!

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Custard looks delicious...Loved the clicks...I am not at all an early morning person...but if woke up for any reason love enjoying the morning mist and the glitter from sunshine with a cup of hot tea..

Unknown said...

Cant find the right words to describe the deliciousness of this custard, its my favorite & cant help stop my mouth from watering. if you dont call this a perfectionist I am no where close :)
Absolutely loved ur pics & writeup

http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/

Chitra said...

We had pudding once with instant mix and we dint like it. urs is looking too good. home made tastes gr8. will try this..

Top Cuisine avec Lavi said...

Looks delicious! Love your blog!

vandana rajesh said...

The caramel custard looks super yumm. It is a very much liked dessert at my home and make it often. I have always been doing the steamed version and wanting to do the water bath version in the oven. Will definitely try it this way next time, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

yummy start for the day Satrupa! Thanks for visiting my space but I must say you have a beautiful space out here & delicious recipes. Happily following you :)

Unknown said...

Great morning with super looking custard. Thanks for visiting my space and letting me know about yours. Wonderful blog and recipes.

Shobha said...

First time here..
My hubby's favourite dessert.

Carmen said...

I love custard!!!my all time favorite dessert!!! thanks for sharing this! Can't wait to try your recipe :)

Love2cook Malaysia said...

Caramel custard is one of my most fav desserts! And yours looks simply mouthwatering!!! :)

raaji said...

lovely recipe with very few ingredients... i definitely need to try this for our next big gathering

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

looking forward to try this yummy version..
Tasty Appetite

M D said...

Love ur clicks. That rose sits so beautifully on the caramel custard!

Chitra said...

Lovely clicks. first time here i guess. Loved this layout. simple and neat :)

Raksha said...

Lovely blog you have Dear. The clicks are great.

Pure Cleanse said...

Looks Yummy & delicious.... Lovely Posted by you...

Post a Comment