Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday 'Food for Thought' ..... letz start with Stuffed bell peppers


About 365 days back I was completely jobless and my favorite pass time was musing on useless things, and browsing online shopping sites, making trips to the neighborhood departmental store and napping in the afternoons.
Very soon I grew out of it. I wanted to do something ...... totally unsure of what that 'something' was.
I was afraid that I was having ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) .... I think I suffer from it big time. I start everything with a lot of enthu but never get to the end of it. The proof ..... incomplete oil paintings, craft works, half read books and many more. But there is one thing that I do everyday ... eat ! And cook too .....one of the many demerits of living in a servant less country.
After a long brainstorming session and few squabbles with J 'Food for Thought' was born .... a year ago.....

And I believe I have conquered ADD. For the first time I started something and I so love it till date. It has become a part of my everyday life.

This time there is a man behind this woman's success .... J of course. I owe it to him. Definitely to my family too who never gave up on me and encouraged me to put my thoughts into words.

Also to all those loving blog friends who have constantly encouraged me. I would definitely want to mention a line about those who criticized my work too. They just made me more determined to go ahead with an endeavor of doing it better everyday.

Thank you all for being a part of my First Birthday bash. Please enjoy the visual treat of stuffed bell peppers .

Preparation Time 60 minutes
Serves - 4

Ingredients
Minced Boneless Chicken - 1/2 pound
Small Bell Pepper - 8
Grated Cheese - 1/2 cup
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Finely Chopped Garlic - 1 tbsp
Finely Chopped Ginger - 1/2 tbsp
Chili Garlic Sauce - 1 tbsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Salt per taste
Oil for cooking

Method of Preparation
1 Cut Bell Peppers, remove seeds and brush them with little oil. Keep aside.
2 Drizzle some oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute till they are brown. Add the ginger and garlic and mix well. Fry for 2 minutes.
3 Add the minced meat and stir in with the fried onions, garlic and ginger. Add salt, red chili powder. Mix it well with the minced chicken and fry till the chicken is cooked.
3 Add cumin powder and chili garlic paste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
4 Remove from heat and add some lime juice to it.
5 Preheat the oven at 400 degree F.
6 Stuff the bell pepper with this minced meat. Sprinkle cheese on it. (I added less but if you like cheese you can add more too)
7 Put it in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes till the cheese starts melting.

Serving Tips
Serve as an appetizer at room temperature.



40 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Satrupa, Happy birthday to ur blog baby,keep rocking gal..

Stuffed peppers looks simply fabulous and inviting..

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Congrats on hitting the one year milestone. I hope you move forward without ADD and keep doing the good work! And Happy Birthday to your blog!

divya said...

hmmm yummy and delicious..Congrats on ur milestone...

Unknown said...

Congrats on completing one year, Satrupa. Love your write-up and recipes...Stuffed peppers look amazing. Delicious filling..

Suja Manoj said...

Congrats dear on ur milestone..keep rocking!
Stuffed peppers looks awesome,nice recipe dear.

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Congrats dear...keep rocking...Delicious looking stuffed peppers...

GB said...

Happy birthday food for thought, here's to many more!

SavithaRaj's Spice Land said...

Happy Birthday ..Keep rocking !!

Hari Chandana P said...

Congrats dear.. :)
Indian Cuisine

Suhaina said...

Congrads dear for the achievement. May you celebrate a 100 blog anniversaries... stuffed bell peppers looks so yummy...wonderful clicks too.

aipi said...

Congrats n hugs dear- Happy Birthday to Food for Thought!! Cheers to many such happy milestones in future..I like everything about your blog ~ the writeups, the recipes, the pics ~ the whole works!

Stuffed peepers look delectable!
US Masala

Unknown said...

Congrats on your milestone and wish you many more
the stuffed peppers are completely tempting and desirable!

Shylaja said...

Congrats Satrupa

South Indian Home

Nitha said...

Congrats on completing one year.. the stuffed peppers looks great..

Unknown said...

Congrats Satrupa........Definitely we will celebrate........

Sunanda said...

Congrats dear...Wish you many more such years in future.. Stuffed Peppers is just perfect to celebrate this..

Sunanda's Kitchen

Unknown said...

Congrats on completing a year...Luved the contrasting colors in ur pic...stuffed peppers looks very appetising n tempting

Kulsum@JourneyKitchen said...

Congratulations my dear :-)

Nandinis food said...

Congrats on the milestone...They make a good snack! Just yummy...

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Happy b'day o your bloggy baby Satrupa.give us more mouth watering recipes and beautiful write ups.

Elaichii said...

Happy Birthday to Food for thought!

Rosemaryandthegoat said...

Happy Birthday. I love the idea of the mini peppers being stuffed. I'm making some for Memorial Day party and filling mine with green chili cheese grits. -- Sherry aka www.rosemaryandthegoat.com

Hema Mahen said...

Happy Birthday to "Food for thought" :).. First time here...your space looks awesome and the stuffed peppers looks delicious and nice clicks.. Glad to follow you.

http://hemskitchen.blogspot.com/

Taste Melanger said...

I'm completely with you on ADD. And having started my own blog www.tastejunction.blogspot.com, I think I'm getting to conquer that. But now the other problem is arising, I'm getting too addicted to it...constantly researching, writing, checking mails, seems that's what there's on my mind all time!!

Plateful said...

Happy First Birthday to Food for Thought! Loved this post...I can relate so well to your story...jobless, itching to do something, starting things and losing interest, cooking, blogging....ah, kinda felt like I was reading my biography..! :))

Beautiful pictures and the stuffed peppers look so delicious. Once again, congrats on the milestone and wish you many great years of success! Cheers!

Suji said...

A very very Happy 1st Birthday to your bloggie Satrupa!!!

I love your blog very much, the way to write and bring the story and the very authentic oria dishes and the very YOU...May you have all success in everything at present and future..

Love
Suji

lubnakarim06 said...

Congrats on hitting first milestone.....rock on with recipes dear....love the pics...love that stuffing.....yum recipe...

Margaret Murphy Tripp said...

Congratulations! I started my blog for similar reasons. Recipe looks great. Keep sharing. You're a pleasure! xo

My Kitchen Antics said...

congrats gal..may u have many many more awesome blog posts...
i love the idea of stuffed peppers

chef and her kitchen said...

congrats on d milestone dear...nice pictures!!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

my heartiest wishes dear...super yummy presentation..

Tasty Appetite
Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams

Sharon said...

Congrats Satrupa - these are excellent clicks! Here's wishing you many more memorable anniversaries!

Unknown said...

Congrats! and wished for many more milestone for you to go! stuffed bell peppers looks so colourful!

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Oh wow congrats on making it through the 1st year! Your stuffed peppers look delicious and cute. Here's to another great year to come =D.

kankana said...

Congrats on completing a year !! my blog also kind of started in the same line.. jobless, bored of TV and afternoon nap and now I don;t even realize how time flies by ! :)

Lisa H. said...

Happy 1st Birthday...
Wow the stuffed capsicums really looks appetizing, and beautiful clicks too :D

Radhika said...

First A very Happy Blog Birthday. First time to ur space and i love the write up. The Appetizer looks so wonderful cheesy on top. Glad to follow you and looking forward to some yummy posts from you. Do check out mine when you find time.

Satrupa said...

Thank you everyone for making the 1st blog birthday a special one. It would not have been possible without your love and support.

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Satrupa
How are you? Happy Blog Birthday and many Happy returns of the day. I am off blog most of the time . Let me see what all I have missed.
Have a nice week
Ushnish bhai

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Hey Satrupa, Congrats - belatd birthday greetings. I am 2 days after u:)

Hope to see u blogging more frequently. Loved your post - tempting and delicious.

Post a Comment